Conditions of Use
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Terms and Conditions Governing the Direct Sale of Cambridge Scholars Publishing Titles to Consumer
In this document,
a. "The Company" refers to
Cambridge Scholars Publishing Ltd, a company registered in England.
Companies House Reg. Number: 4333775
VAT number: 108280727
Lady Stephenson Library
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fax number: +44 191 265 2056
b. "The Customer" refers to the person placing an order by any of the means made available by The Company. It refers only to persons defined as Consumers by the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 (i.e. any natural person who, in contracts to which these Regulations apply, is acting for purposes which are outside his business).
2. The items sold are as described on the relevant pages of our website at www.cambridgescholars.com
3. The price of all items sold is inclusive of tax. There is, however, no vat/sales tax on books in the United Kingdom, so tax amounts are not indicated for books. All customs charges, import duties, vat or other charges imposed by governments and relevant institutions outside of the United Kingdom are the responsibility of the Customer. The Company will not be held liable for any such charges and will not accept the administrative costs incurred by them. No refunds can be claimed by the Customer from the Company for any books unclaimed at any import duties or customs locations. Any charges relating to the return of unclaimed books shall be the responsibility of the Customer. Prices may be changed without prior notification or communication.
4. Delivery costs are as stated in the Checkout process and also in the FAQs/Ordering page on our website. They can also be obtained in writing. For larger quantities, the Company may be able to offer better rates per item but is under no obligation to do so, and such rates have to be obtained by email or in writing from a representative of the Company. Delivery by a certain date cannot be guaranteed by the Customer, whether for Courier or ordinary shipments. The company shall not refund any postage charges for late deliveries.
5. Payment can be made in a variety of ways, including cheque in US Dollars or Pound Sterling, bank transfer or by credit card.
a. The Company shall store credit card information at the time of the order but will not charge The Customer until the books are ready for dispatch. At the time of despatch, the card is charged and an invoice issued for the whole, or a part of, the order. In the event that only part of the books are in stock, The Company shall charge and invoice only for those books that are ready for despatch, and shall carry out this same process as further books from the original order become available. Under exceptional circumstances, The Company reserves the right to charge for a book even if it is not ready for despatch. All credit card charges will be made in Pound Sterling and the actual charge in other currencies may vary and will depend on individual card issuers\' exchange rates.
b. In the case of cheques and bank transfers, The Company will take payment for the entire order in advance and despatch books, and issue invoices once funds are cleared and the books become available.
c. In the case that cheques are made to amounts smaller than the entire order, The Company reserves the right not to fulfil any part of the order until the remainder of the amount required to fulfil the order is received. In the event that cheques are made to amounts larger than the entire order, The Company will offer credit against a future order. In such an event, The Customer may state in writing that they wish the cheque NOT to be cashed if the amount is not equal to the total, but must do so before the cheque is received by The Company. Returning parts of overpayments is at the sole discretion of The Company.
d. In the case of bank transfers, any bank charges incurred must be paid by The Customer.
6. The Customer has a right to cancellation in accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (amended 2005), so long as cancellation is set in writing within the cancellation period. The cancellation period begins on the day that agreement to these Terms and Conditions is made, by checking the relevant box for online orders, or by placing the order, if the order is placed by any other means. This cancellation period ends seven days after receipt of the books.
In the event that the books are faulty, a full refund shall be given for those books that are faulty, as well as a postage allowance for returning the books. The postage allowance shall be no more than what The Company charged for postage per item to deliver the books, for each book that is faulty.
In the event that The Customer cancels the order and the book is not faulty, a refund shall be given upon receipt of the returned book. This refund will not include any postage charged for delivery of the books by The Company or any postage incurred by The Customer for their return.
In all events, the cancellation has to be communicated to The Company in any of the following ways (as per the Distance Selling Regulations 2000):
A notice of cancellation given under this regulation by a consumer to a supplier or other person is to be treated as having been properly given if the consumer -
(a) leaves it at The Company\'s address above and addressed to The Orders Department by name (in which case it is to be taken to have been given on the day on which it was left);
(b) sends it by post to the Company\'s address above and addressed to The Orders Department by name (in which case, it is to be taken to have been given on the day on which it was posted);
(c) sends it by facsimile to the Company\'s business facsimile number above (in which case it is to be taken to have been given on the day on which it is sent); or
(d) sends it by electronic mail, to email@example.com (in which case it is to be taken to have been given on the day on which it is sent).
In the event of cancellation after despatch of any books, The Consumer has a duty throughout the period prior to cancellation -
(a) to retain possession of the books, and
(b) to take reasonable care of them.
On cancellation, the consumer shall be under a duty to restore the goods to the supplier in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, and in the meanwhile to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
7. Complaints can be addressed to The Company at the address cited above.
All faulty books can be returned for a full refund or replacement. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to initiate a refund or replacement, quoting the invoice number with which your book arrived. We will refund the postage charged by us for sending you the book as well as £4.50 for you to send the book back to us. If you would like a replacement, we will send you a replacement copy free of charge. You must contact us within 7 days of receipt to report a faulty book.
If the books are not faulty and you would like to return them, you may do so within 14 days for a refund excluding both our postage and yours. A refund will be given only if the books are returned in a resalable condition. For orders of over £100, we will also charge an administrative fee of 10% unless we have a prior agreement with you.
The conditions for the return of non-faulty books do not apply if the books are intended for resale. Any agreement for the return of non-faulty books which are intended for resale must be obtained at the time of purchase. If there is no such agreement in place, it is assumed that the books are non-returnable and returns will only be accepted at our discretion.
Please send all returns to The Company at the address cited above.
We have recently updated and simplified our postage charges. For larger quantities, please write to us, but our postage charges are dependent on the number of items and the destination. These postage charges may change in the near future.
|Number of Books||Price|
|1 book||£3.60 per shipment|
|2-9 books||£4.15 per shipment|
|10-25 books||£5.95 per shipment|
|Delivery Method||Delivery Time||Number of Books||Price|
|Standard Postage Europe||
3-5 working days
|1-5 books||£6 per item|
|Standard Postage Rest of World||
5-7 working days
|1-5 books||£6 per item|
Courier tracked postage (worldwide)
4-5 working days
£6 per item
All orders can be cancelled prior to shipping. Please email email@example.com with your purchase order number or transaction ID in the case of online orders. We only charge your credit card when we are about to ship, so an item can only be refunded after this time in accordance with our returns policies.
If we have sent out a book, then we cannot be held liable if the customer has chosen a non-trackable service (Courier is always trackable). We will however, send a replacement copy even if a non-trackable service is used, if the item has not arrived. We will not, however, issue a refund for non-arrival of items that we have sent out using a non-trackable service.
Claims for non-arrival of items can only be made when the method's expected length of time expires. The expected length of time is the upper limit of the time the carrier, courier or postal service has published at the time the order has gone out. This length of time can only be measured from the day the item is shipped. Any cancellations made before this time will not incur any charges.